Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf.exe stops after few interval of time with segmentation fault

Bhavyasree

===================================================================================
= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= EXIT CODE: 139
= CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
= YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
===================================================================================
YOUR APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)

I am running the WRF model ( version 4.0 ) for two domains of 6 km and 2 km. I have tried running the model by two domains together and one by one. Also tried by changing the time steps and my system is having 380 GB free space, still I am getting this error. Please help to resolve this issue.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.5 KB · Views: 3
  • rsl.error.0000
    13.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot from 2023-07-04 17-42-14.png
    Screenshot from 2023-07-04 17-42-14.png
    491.6 KB · Views: 19
  • rsl.out.0000
    13.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
First I would like to apologize for the long delay in response. We have been busy preparing for our WRF tutorial that's taking place this week and have gotten behind on forum responses. Thank you for your patience.

As you show in your screenshot, you are getting CFL errors, which means the model has become unstable. Take a look at this FAQ that discusses some suggestions for overcoming those errors.