Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

./wrf.exe

y.su

Hello
When I run real case use mpirun -np 8 ./wrf.exe, some problem has occurred, I guess because the ew sn i_parent_start, j_parent_start I calculated was wrong,the test domain is ok.

= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= EXIT CODE: 11
= CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
= YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
===================================================================================
YOUR APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)
This typically refers to a problem with your application.
Please see the FAQ page for debugging suggestions

Attached are namelist.wps, plotgrads_new.ncl, namelist.input and rsl.error rsl.out and so on.
Can somebody tell me that how can calculate the e_we e_sn and ior j_parent_start, which can avoid error
Many Thanks

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 5
  • namelist.wps
    940 bytes · Views: 1
  • rsl.error.0000
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
  • rsl.out.0000
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
Looking at the rsl files it appears that the wrf is running but somewhere there is most likely and error.

In the location where you have the rsl files enter each one of these commands one at a time and put the output into a text file.

I'm pretty sure I have an idea what is going on.

Code:
grep -i FATAL rsl.*

grep -i error rsl.*

grep -i SIGSEGV rsl.*

grep -i cfl rsl.*

Your namelist.input looks fine. However, there is no error message in the rsl files you uploaded.
Please check all the RSL files for this case. Note that the error messages could be in any of the rsl files.

Since this case failed after a few hours of integration, I am suspicious that something might went wrong in the physics.

Please start with a single domain case (max_dom =1), and let me know how it works. This will help us to narrow down possible issues.

Looking at the rsl files it appears that the wrf is running but somewhere there is most likely and error.

In the location where you have the rsl files enter each one of these commands one at a time and put the output into a text file.

I'm pretty sure I have an idea what is going on.

Code:
grep -i FATAL rsl.*

grep -i error rsl.*

grep -i SIGSEGV rsl.*

grep -i cfl rsl.*

Attachments

• forum.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 0
  • namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 3
  • rsl.error.0000
    48.6 KB · Views: 1
  • rsl.out.0000
    320 KB · Views: 1
Last time I set time step=30,the error was sloved, but this time I use another namelist ,changed the area domain ,the same error occur.