Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF run and output related issue

shivangi

Hello everyone....I have recently started working on WRF model. I am able to make executables like real.exe, wrf.exe and other stuffs. I am giving GFS data in grib2 format for 1st January 2024 at every 6 hrs interval, so four data as input and running for 24 hr forecast. When I run the model, same data set with same time stamp is coming and saving as output in .nc format. Is it the outcome we expect from WRf model or I am doing something wrong.

Hello everyone....I have recently started working on WRF model. I am able to make executables like real.exe, wrf.exe and other stuffs. I am giving GFS data in grib2 format for 1st January 2024 at every 6 hrs interval, so four data as input and running for 24 hr forecast. When I run the model, same data set with same time stamp is coming and saving as output in .nc format. Is it the outcome we expect from WRf model or I am doing something wrong.
Can you upload your namelist.input for wrf

So the reason you are getting only one data file from output is because of this lihe.

Code:
 frames_per_outfile                  = 1000, 1000, 1000,

if you want to have 1 file per hour then you need to make 1000 -> 1

I will try this also. But now I am getting error "
d01 2024-01-01_00:00:00 ---- ERROR: Mismatch between namelist and input file dimensions
NOTE: 1 namelist vs input data inconsistencies found."
File is attached for reference.
File dimensions are made 25000x25000 for both cases still this error is repeatedly coming.

Hi, Shivangi,
I believe you didn't do anything wrong. WRF runs successfully to the end and you get the results at 6-hour intervals.
There is one option (history_interval) in the namelist that you can specify to determine how frequent the output can be.
To learn more about how to run WRF and how to specify namelist options, please see the document here.