Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF Solar Panel Conversion Efficiency

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

htan2013

Dear all,

I am wondering anyone knows about the conversion efficiency of the solar photovoltaic panel in WRF-BEP&BEM?
Where to find it and how to change it?

Best regards,
Haochen

Ming Chen said:
Haochen,
How do you define the type of photovoltaic panel in WRF? I am not aware of this ....

Hi Dr. Chen,

I use WRF BEM/BEP and set PV_FRAC_ROOF option in URBPARA_LCZ.tbl in WRF.
I am thinking that the photovoltaic panel should have a rate for conversion efficiency in WRF.

Best regards,
Haochen

Hi Haochen,
Please take a look at this document and see whether you can find helpful information. If not, please contact the developer Andrea Zonato and Wei Chen for more information.

Ming Chen said:
Hi Haochen,
Please take a look at this document and see whether you can find helpful information. If not, please contact the developer Andrea Zonato and Wei Chen for more information.

Hi Dr. Chen,

Can you attach the document, please?

Thanks,
Haochen

Haochen,
Please see the attached file.

Attachments

• WRF_urban_update_Readme_file_WRF4.3.pdf
    165.8 KB · Views: 40
Hello,everyone,I want to be in the latest wrf In version 4.3, I want to modify the functions of photovoltaic modules. My demand is to set its periphery as photovoltaic buildings for a coastal city, while the interior of the city is general buildings. Explore the differences in the results of meteorological parameters simulated by WRF under this boundary. However, I only know that it needs to be modified in the physics folder of WRF, but I don't know which files need to be modified and where to start, Does anyone know how to do this piece

Unfortunately this is beyond the WRF support scope. Due to limited human power and resources, we can no longer provide help for such kind of projects. Hope someone in the community may have experiences on this.

Hello, for the modification idea I put forward above last month, do you know which files I need to modify? At present, I know I need to modify module_ sf_ bem,module_ df_ bep_ Module, BEM_ first_ rk_ step_ Does the file Part1 also need to be modified (I'm not sure whether it's right or wrong).

Another problem is that I'm in module_ sf_ I saw the calculation function of photovoltaic PV panel under the BEM file, and then I thought that my previous idea was to open the photovoltaic panel in the peripheral buildings in a simulation area and close the inner layer. Then, is there an interface between the urban buildings and the photovoltaic function? Is it possible to set the photovoltaic ratio of urban buildings? Do you know and understand the process file of function operation and call in WRF urban canopy or relevant scholars, Thank you for your reply