Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF Variables and Grid

Alex33

Hello.

I'm running WRF-ARW version 3.9 and I have a questions:

1. At the end of the model runs, I get three variables for the wind: u10hib, u_press and u10iso. Do you know the difference between these variables?

2. Does version 4.4 of WRF allow you to make domains in the form of polygons? or just rectangular domains?

Regards

Hi,
1. At the end of the model runs, I get three variables for the wind: u10hib, u_press and u10iso. Do you know the difference between these variables?
I'm unsure what those variables are. They are not in the standard form of the code (I checked current and v3.9. You or someone else must have modified the code to add them, or you are not using the NCAR-provided version of basic WRF.
2. Does version 4.4 of WRF allow you to make domains in the form of polygons? or just rectangular domains?
No, all versions of WRF require rectangular domains. You may want to look into using the MPAS model, which uses hexagonal grids.