Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF3.9/WRF3.8 compile error

ning wang

Hello everyone, on Linux version of centos7, I installed the dependency libraries (NETCDF and HDF5) to support WRF4.2 and WRF4.4. But under the same environment, my 3.8 and 3.9 versions lack the real.exe file when compiling, so I don't know how to modify the related file content. I hope you can help me.The associated WRF3.9 build log file is as follows.

Attachments

• compilelog.txt
    669.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
Often newer compiler versions will not work with older WRF model code (and vice versa). It's likely that is what is happening here. If you need older versions of WRF, I would suggest trying to use an older version of Intel to compile.

The intel compiler I am using is 2019. Is the specific WRF3.8 version incompatible with the 2019 intel version?

I'm not sure, but I'd recommend trying a newer version of WRF, or an older Intel (perhaps V16 or so).

I'm glad you were able to solve the compiling issue for wrf.exe. Thanks for letting us know. If you get a chance, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Thanks!