Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF4.5.1 Compilation Issue

spark1

I hope you can assist me with a compilation problem I'm facing while trying to compile the WRF model. I've attached the "compile.log" and "configure.wrf" files for reference.

[Details about My System]
- OS: MacOS, but installing on a super computer cluster (Keeling)
- Compiler: intel 15.0.3
- WRF Version: 4.5.1

I'd greatly appreciate your guidance or assistance in resolving this compilation issue.
Any insights or recommendations would be very helpful.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• compile.log
    869.1 KB · Views: 3
  • configure.wrf.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi,
Your compile log does not contain any error messages, nor is is complete. Can you try again? Please issue a "clean -a," then reconfigure and recompile, attaching your newest compile log and configure.wrf file. Thanks!

Hi,
Your compile log does not contain any error messages, nor is is complete. Can you try again? Please issue a "clean -a," then reconfigure and recompile, attaching your newest compile log and configure.wrf file. Thanks!
Thank you Kelly for checking the files! But I had to stop cause it took longer than I experienced before. It was more than two hours. It looked like it stops around module surface driver..

Okay, thanks. Unfortunately I won't be able to troubleshoot the issue without knowing the compiler error. One thing I noticed is that your Intel compiler is pretty old (V15). Are you able to update that to a newer version to see if that works better? Often using older compilers with newer WRF code can cause problems.

It may. I've had success with compiling with Intel One-API in the past, but I don't recall if there were any hiccups when doing so. You could give it a try to see.

I re tried the compilation. Since the compilation takes longer time than I expected so I did as a batch job. I am still not sure what causes the issue. I do not see any executables in the main directory. Could you please check my compile.log file?

Attachments

• compile.log
    870.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
There are still no errors in your compile log. When you compiled, did you use the ">&" syntax to request the standard error and output be sent to the compile log? If you didn't, please clean the code and try again, making sure to use that (for e.g., ./compile em_real >& compile.log). If you did, I would recommend discussing the issue with a systems administrator at your institution. Unfortunately I just cannot resolve the problem if I have no errors to review.