Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFchem stops after "aerosols_driver calling sorgam_driver"

pwang18

Dear All,
I am running wrf/chem v3.9.1.
The running got stuck after "aerosols_driver calling sorgam_driver." It didn't crash but not writing output anymore. I used "chem_opt=2," and I think that's the problem cause it went through after changing to "chem_opt=1". So I guess that the problem lies in "module_aerosols_sorgam.F" but have no idea how to fix it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks so much.

Attached is my namelist.input.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    7.8 KB · Views: 26
Hi,

Can you please attach your rsl.out.0000 and rsl.error.0000?

Also, make sure that none of the other processors are throwing the error (tail rsl.* )

Thank you,

Jordan

Hi Jordan,
Thanks so much for your reply. See attachments.

Attachments

• rsl.out.0000.txt
    5.6 MB · Views: 14
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    5.6 MB · Views: 20
Hi,

Unfortunately there does not seem to be much information here. If you run "tail rsl.*" on all of your rsl files, is there any unique message(s)? If not, you can try turning up the debug_level to >= 300.

The model seems to be failing at exactly the 12 hour mark, which usually indicates a problem with your input data or how you are using it. For example, you can try turning off emissions (emiss_opt = 0), and making sure that your obs nudging options and file are OK (turn off nudging).

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I am sorry for the late reply since I was debugging until today.
The bug is coming from the step of modifying IC&BC by mozbc. I think "NH3" will become wired after modifying and stopping WRF/Chem running.

Best,
Phillip

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I am sorry for the late reply since I was debugging until today.
The bug is coming from the step of modifying IC&BC by mozbc. I think "NH3" will become wired after modifying and stopping WRF/Chem running.

Best,
Phillip
Hi Phillip,

I am having the same issue and I am wondering how did you fix it? I am using chem_opt=131 which is different from your choice but it also stopped after running some time without any error when calling sorgam_driver.

Thanks,
Suqian