Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFV4.3.3 compile error

Z_wendy

Hi, all.

An error occurred when I was compiling WRF V4.3.3. I followed the instructions at these websites: Compiling WRF

And I have tried another WRF version, but it still failed. The log file with WRFV4.3.3 compilation is attached.

Appreciate for any helps.

Attachments

• log_compile.txt.txt
    949.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi,
It looks like the GNU version you're using is V4.4.7, which is very old, and unfortunately older versions of GNU are not able to build the newer versions of WRF. Since GNU is a free compiler, can you upgrade to a much newer version to see if that makes any difference? Thanks!

Thank you so much.

I have updated the GNU version (gcc/6.5.0), and WRFV4.3.3 can be compiled successfully. But there was no metgrid.exe after compiling WPSV4.3.1. The configure file and log file are attached. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• configure.wps
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • log_compile.txt
    117.5 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much.

I have updated the GNU version (gcc/6.5.0), and WRFV4.3.3 can be compiled successfully. But there was no metgrid.exe after compiling WPSV4.3.1. The configure file and log file are attached. Any suggestions?
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file ‘netcdf.mod’ opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

You will have to rebuild all the libraries with the new version of GNU and then rebuild WRF and WPS.

Also make sure you update gcc gfortran g++ to the same version number. As they cannot work with different versions together.

Thank you for the reply.

I have rebuilt all libraries and recompiled WRF again with the same updated gcc version. Finally, WPS has been compiled successfully.

Thank you for the reply.

I have rebuilt all libraries and recompiled WRF again with the same updated gcc version. Finally, WPS has been compiled successfully.
Glad it worked for you