Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

An error while Running the official tutorial that hurricane Matthew。

amemori

This error reported by "real.exe" that "grid%tsk unresonable". After that, "wrfinput_d01" and wrfbdy_d01 were not created. Look forward to your answer.🙏.Version: wps 4.3 ; wrf 4.3 . Some troubles may occur in running Geogrid.exe.
30d504460c033d1ea9c7be30c38d8dd.png1665561007025.png
1665561021844.png

Attachments

• rsl.error.0000
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.out.0000
    9 KB · Views: 2
  • 4dac9ce65946d7954579fac1071fc5b.png
    4dac9ce65946d7954579fac1071fc5b.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 6
  • namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 11
  • namelist.wps
    653 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi,
Are you referring to the Hurricane Matthew case (vortex-following practice) from this tutorial site? And are you using the GFS files that can be found here, for Hurricane Matthew? I just ran a test using those GFS input files, along with your namelist.wps for running WPS, and then used the produced met_em* files, along with your namelist.input file to run real.exe and it ran to completion with no problems. I tried this with the latest model version (v4.4.1) and V4.3.1, as you're using. Both ran without an issue.

Hi,
Are you referring to the Hurricane Matthew case (vortex-following practice) from this tutorial site? And are you using the GFS files that can be found here, for Hurricane Matthew? I just ran a test using those GFS input files, along with your namelist.wps for running WPS, and then used the produced met_em* files, along with your namelist.input file to run real.exe and it ran to completion with no problems. I tried this with the latest model version (v4.4.1) and V4.3.1, as you're using. Both ran without an issue.
Thanks for your answering😃. My running case is from this site that single domain case. Could you please test for this case again with WPSV4.3 and WRFV4.3?

Hi,
I tested this again for the versions you mentioned and it still seems to be working without an issue. Has your WPS or WRF code been modified in any way (or were you pointed to a pre-existing version of compiled code by someone else, and therefore may not know if it was modified by another person), or did you obtain the code, yourself, as pristine (out-of-the-box) code? If so, since that case isn't working for you, can you try downloading this input data, instead? Thanks!