Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Create 12 category soil types

Tom

Hi all:
I am using bnu soildata to create 12 soil types based on USDA soil texture triangle.After create the tif ,binary and index file.
But when i run geogrid.exe,it has error.Whem my category_max of index is 16 (because the WRF soiltype all seem to be 16 ),the error is "WARNING: In source tile /public/home/fdu_qiusy/qiusy/DATA/WPS_GEOG/12_bnu_soiltype_bot/00001-11480.00001-08715, point (3032, 5158) has an invalid category of 0",many of it.
And them,i set category_max of index to be 12.the error is"ERROR: Error in ext_pkg_write_field"
Inaddtion i also ues python code to plot the binary file ,it's ok.The zip file show the png,binary,index file.
Would you give me some suggestions for the question?Thank you!

Attachments

• 12_bnu_soiltype_bot.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Hi,
Apologies for the long delay in response to this inquiry. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you also attach the following files?
- namelist.wps
- geogrid.log that shows the error (or both errors)
- GEOGRID.TBL file you're using

Hi,
Apologies for the long delay in response to this inquiry. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you also attach the following files?
- namelist.wps
- geogrid.log that shows the error (or both errors)
- GEOGRID.TBL file you're using
Hi,
Thank your response!I have solved the problem.I used the defuat soiltype(bnu_soiltype) in the WPS which meets my need.