Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Details of the static data of the LAI, greenfrac and FPAR data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Yan Yan

Dear all,

I’ve noticed that different resolution of static data can be found on the WPS V4 and V5 Geographical Static Data Downloads Page, such as lai_modis_10m/lai_modis_30s and greenfrac_fpar_modis/greenfrac_fpar_modis_5m. It seems that the greenfrac data has not been modified in the new WRFV4.0, is it?
Does anyone have details of the static data of the LAI, greenfrac and FPAR data?

Thanks

Hi,
I'm not sure what V5 you're referring to in your question. Perhaps you meant to say between V3 and V4?

There were no new static data added between V3 and V4 for lai, greenfrac, or greenfrac_fpar. The only modifications made were to add the 5 arc-minute resolution data for both lai_modis and greenfrac_fpar_modis, and to now set the default for greenfrac to simply use the greenfrac_fpar_modis for the full mandatory fields static data downloads

Hi,

Sorry for the mistake. I meant to say the difference between V3 and V4.

Do you know the refercences of the 5 arc-minute resolution data for both lai_modis and greenfrac_fpar_modis?

Thanks