Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error Compile WRF

ikki0123

I'm new here and new to program compilation.
I wanted help to identify the error that is giving in my compilation.
I'm following this tutorial: Compiling WRF.
I saw that people post these two files, but I can't find the error, or what is causing the error.
I'm using the latest version of debian.

Attachments

• configure.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
  • log.compile.txt
    686.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello, as you suggested I used the most updated version, following the link you left.
I noticed that the compilation took a lot longer but eventually resulted in an error.
I had a problem with netcdf when setting up WRF. The error was about the version, it occurred because I compiled the NETCDF with the command --'disable-netcdf-'4 , I had to add a command to use the basic version 'export NETCDF_classic=1'.
I can't tell if this caused the future WRF compilation error.
Follow the compilation files.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• compile.log.log
    749.4 KB · Views: 2
  • configure.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
The "error" you mention is not actually an error. It's just a warning that gives you the option to use netcdf classic, instead, so that is fine.

It looks like with the new compile, you must not have directed the standard error and out to the compile log because there are no errors listed. Can you recompile - first issue a "clean -aa" and then configure, and then compile with the command "./compile em_real >& compile.log" and then send the new compile log and configure.wrf file. Thanks!

Hi,
The "error" you mention is not actually an error. It's just a warning that gives you the option to use netcdf classic, instead, so that is fine.

It looks like with the new compile, you must not have directed the standard error and out to the compile log because there are no errors listed. Can you recompile - first issue a "clean -aa" and then configure, and then compile with the command "./compile em_real >& compile.log" and then send the new compile log and configure.wrf file. Thanks!
Hello again!
Regarding netcdf classic. I understand.
I did as you indicated. I gave "clean" and then ./configure and finally "./compile em_real >& compile.log"
Here are the two files.
Sorry, if what I am asking sounds like a "noob" . Hahah
Thanks for your attention again!

Attachments

• compile.log.log
    745 KB · Views: 2
  • configure.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
No worries - it can be difficult to get the code compiled sometimes! Unfortunately your latest compile log still does not have any errors in it. Are you absolutely sure you're using the ">&" syntax when compiling?

Hi,
No worries - it can be difficult to get the code compiled sometimes! Unfortunately your latest compile log still does not have any errors in it. Are you absolutely sure you're using the ">&" syntax when compiling?
I decided to start from 0 , reinstalled the system and compiled the necessary libraries, did the tests as requested on the site I mentioned at the beginning.
I gave the command "./configure " then "./compile em_real >& compile.log"
Again I'm sending the two files and also an image that shows after "./configure" and during "./compile em_real >& compile.log"
Thanks again to the patient!
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• compile.log
    748.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 7
  • configure.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
Okay, this time I can see the error!
Code:
module_first_rk_step_part1.f90
gfortran: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program f951
compilation terminated.
make[2]: [../configure.wrf:364: start_em.o] Error 1 (ignored)

I believe this is possibly a memory or space issue. Can you check to make sure you have enough memory and disk space to build the code? If that doesn't help, I'd like you to compile again with only a single processor. The default is set to 2. So you can issue

./clean -a
./configure
./compile em_real -j 1 >& log.compile

It almost certainly will still fail, so when it does, send me the new configure.wrf and compile log. Thanks!