Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error: normalize_basetime - Denominator of seconds cannot be negative

hugo_vasquez

Dear Forum Members,

I'm experiencing difficulties running wrf.exe after successfully running ungrib, geogrid, metgrid, and real.exe programs. My setup involves utilizing ERA5 as input data and versions 3.7.1 and 4.0.3 for running WPS and WRF respectively on a HPC cluster. I have attached the namelist.wps, namelist.input, the rsl.error.0006, and an image of my domains. My suspicion is that the issue might be related to the time step, but I'm unsure how to approach this situation and resolve it effectively.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions to fix my simulations.

I have prior experience using the WRF model; however, this is my first time setting up domains and running a simulation with four domains. Therefore, any advice or recommendations for future simulations would be invaluable to me.

Thank you all in advance for your kind assistance and support!

Attachments

• domains.zip
    485.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
Can you send the rsl.* files (package all of them into a single zipped file) for the V4.0.3 case? V3.7.1 is very old and no longer supported, so I'd like to take a look at the error message for the newer version. Thanks!

Apologies for the error in my previous message. To clarify, I am using version 4.0.3 for running WPS and version 3.7.1 for WRF. I will promptly update my software and proceed to re-upload the necessary files.

Hi,
After switching to WRF version 4.3.2 (20 cores), I encountered an undefined error. I have attached the rsl.* files and the namelist.input for reference. I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.3 KB · Views: 6
  • rsl_files.zip
    79.3 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for sending those. I believe you're using way too few processors, based on the sizes of your domains (especially domain 4), which is likely causing the model to fail. Take a look at this FAQ that discusses choosing the appropriate number of processors.