Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error while running WRF-Single Layer Urban Canopy Model using NLCD 2011 40 categories data

Shak

Dear WRF Community,

I am working on investigating the urban effects of heavy precipitation near the Chicago area using the urban canopy model. I am trying to run WRF-SLUCM using WRFV4.4, initialized by NLCD 2011 40 categories of land use data. Everything was perfect in WPS. I have faced some problems while running wrf. I was first getting an error related to the VEGPARM.TBL, which I replaced after reading a similar question in the forum post (NLCD40 WRF run crashes because of module_sf_noahdrv.f90 (unit = 19, file = 'VEGPARM.TBL')). After fixing that, I got the following error message:

USING 10 WUDAPT LCZ WITHOUT URBPARM_LCZ.TBL. SET USE_WUDAPT_LCZ=1

I was able to fix it following the same post. After that, I received a segmentation error after 15 minutes of simulation. I have done several tests to get rid of it, including the different number of processors, reduced time steps (though no CFL error), different vertical levels, w_damping, etc. with no luck!

I am attaching the namelist.input and rsl.error file along with this post for your kind consideration.

I am working in Cheyenne. My working directory in Cheyenne: /glade/scratch/skarim/CROCUS_Dr_Kaplan/WRFV4.4/run

I would be grateful if someone could help me to get rid of this issue.
Thanks in advance.

With Kind Regards
Shak

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4 KB · Views: 6
  • rsl.error.0050.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
Shak,
Would you please run WRFV4.4.2 instead of WRFv4.4? This is because in WRFv4.4, the newly added LCZ numbers of landuse type overlap the existing NLCD land types, which leads to model crash.
Please try WRFV4.4.2 and let me know if you still have the same problem. Thanks.

Shak,
Would you please run WRFV4.4.2 instead of WRFv4.4? This is because in WRFv4.4, the newly added LCZ numbers of landuse type overlap the existing NLCD land types, which leads to model crash.
Please try WRFV4.4.2 and let me know if you still have the same problem. Thanks.
Thank you, dear Ms. Chen, for looking into my case. I have tried as you suggested and it worked with WRFV4.4.2.
I appreciate your help. Thanks again.