Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Errror while runnning ungrib.exe

Lekhu_J

Hi,
I'm getting the following error while running ./ungrib.exe

*** Starting program ungrib.exe ***
Start_date = 2023-05-31_00:00:00 , End_date = 2023-05-31_06:00:00
output format is WPS
Path to intermediate files is ./
ERROR: Grib2 file or date problem, stopping in edition_num.

i had previously, referred to the resolved problem for the same where u had asked the following questions
1) Are you running .ungrib.exe from within the WPS/ directory?
2) Before running ungrib, are you linking the data input files to your running directory (using the ./link_grib.csh command)?
3) If yes to both the above questions, do you have files named GRIBFILE.* in your running directory?

my answer to all the above is yes and I have GRIBFILE.AAA in my WPS directory

I'm attaching ls.txt file for ur reference.
Please help

Thank you

Attachments

• ls.txt
    2 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
Thank you so much for looking for an existing post about this topic first! That is very helpful to us.

I believe the issue you're having is due to the way you likely linked the input data when you used the 'link_grib.csh' command. According to your ls.txt file, the entire data directory is linked to a single GRIBFILE.AAA.

Code:
 0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 lekhya lekhya       27 Jun  2 13:01 GRIBFILE.AAA -> /home/lekhya/Build_WRF/DATA

When you use this command, you should link to the actual files in that 'DATA' directory. So if you issue the following, using that path, and then ensure to include the prefix of the actual input files at the end (you can also just hit the 'tab' key and it will insert the file prefix), the script should grab all the files with that prefix within the 'DATA' directory.

Code:
./link_grib.csh /home/lekha/Build_WRF/DATA/data_file_

(in the above command, 'data_file_' is just an example prefix). You then should be able to type 'ls -ls' and see several GRIBFILE* files pointing to the individual input data files - something like:

Code:
GRIBFILE.AAA -> /home/lekhya/Build_WRF/DATA/data_file_1
GRIBFILE.AAB -> /home/lekhya/Build_WRF/DATA/data_file_2
GRIBFILE.AAC -> /home/lekhya/Build_WRF/DATA/data_file_3
GRIBFILE.AAD -> /home/lekhya/Build_WRF/DATA/data_file_4

Then you can try to run ungrib.exe again.