Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

geogrid.exe

mostafa

Parsed 49 entries in GEOGRID.TBL
Processing domain 1 of 2
Processing XLAT and XLONG
ERROR: Error in ext_pkg_open_for_write_begin.
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 0) - process 0
[unset]: write_line error; fd=-1 buf=:cmd=abort exitcode=0
:
system msg for write_line failure : Bad file descriptor

what's meaning of this error ?

Attachments

• geogrid.log
    12.1 KB · Views: 29
Hi,
This message often means you don't have write permissions in the directory you're trying to write the geo_em* files, or either that the path you've declared in your namelist has a typo. Can you check those to see if they are causing the issue? If not, take a look at this previous post to see if the user's solution would be helpful for you, as well.

I'm solved this problem thank you
but when I'm going to run metgried.exe,i received this problem

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0 0x7F5CEF580D58
#1 0x7F5CEF57FEE0
#2 0x7F5CEEA80AAF
#3 0x7F5CEF654F06
#4 0x7F5CEF653624
#5 0x7F5CEF64F976
#6 0x44E1A4 in __read_met_module_MOD_read_next_met_field
#7 0x43B212 in __process_domain_module_MOD_get_interp_masks
#8 0x442A37 in __process_domain_module_MOD_process_intermediate_fields
#9 0x4456F2 in __process_domain_module_MOD_process_single_met_time
#10 0x44C2C8 in __process_domain_module_MOD_process_domain
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Attachments

• metgrid.log
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
Hi,
I'm very glad to hear you've solved the issue! Do you mind letting us know how you solved it so it could potentially help other users in the future?

Since your new problem is no longer related to geogrid and is a new topic, will you please post a new thread for that question. This helps us keep the topics clean for readability and searchability. Thanks!

First one depending on the older file geo when you run again with update namelist.input over write without deleting old file meke aconflect in steps of geogred
So if you want run again you should delete the older file
Second error depending on messed data in input file so see the rssel out and rerun metdrid with update if this error occurred again that's depending on your hardware like if electric cutoff in some server when it started automatically that's generate some error in vram and core's finally leed to the tracer error in other hand this problem sometimes apper again with swapping error.

@Doulgas_secchi
Can you confirm that you have permissions to write the geo_em* file(s) to the directory where you are trying to output the files? Can you also attach your namelist.wps file? Thanks!

I am still getting this issues after recompile the libraries.
I found a possible issue mentioned in this post: WRF ARW V4 로 태풍 솔릭(Soulik) 모의해 보기 (translated bellow).
1680029688315.png
But I don't think that this is the problem.
@kwerner I am attached my namelist.wps (namelist_wps.txt) and geogrib.log (geogrib_log), and also the log for WPS.
I would like to nknow if another source for this error do exist.

Kind regards

Attachments

• namelist_wps.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 14
  • log_compile.txt
    104.9 KB · Views: 2
  • geogrib_log.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 6
Thank you @mostafa, but geobrib didn't even write the geo_em.d01.nc file.
This file is supposed to be created at the WPS directory or otherwise at opt_output_from_geogrid_path = '/p2_varuna/secchi/exps/WRF_build2/WPS/AMD1/', right?

I have this options set in the namelist.wps file.
&share
wrf_core = 'ARW',
max_dom = 1,
start_date = '2007-10-24_00:00:00',
end_date = '2007-11-01_18:00:00',
interval_seconds = 21600,
io_form_geogrid = 2,
opt_output_from_geogrid_path = '/p2_varuna/secchi/exps/WRF_build2/WPS/AMD1/',
debug_level = 0,
/

But AMD1 is empty, geogrib din't write geo_em.d01.nc there, maybe because they stoped at ERROR: Error in ext_pkg_open_for_write_begin.
@mostafa can you add more to your previous reply:

"Second error depending on messed data in input file so see the rssel out and rerun metdrid with update if this error occurred again that's depending on your hardware like if electric cutoff in some server when it started automatically that's generate some error in vram and core's finally leed to the tracer error in other hand this problem sometimes apper again with swapping error."

Thank you ol

Try removing the opt_output_from_geogrid_path = '/p2_varuna/secchi/exps/WRF_build2/WPS/AMD1/',
That's meaning the out will be in WPS path and tell me what's happening I'm waiting

@mosfata that resolved the issue :eek:, successfully completion of geogrib.
But I still would like to knowwhy opt_output_from_geogrid_path = '/p2_varuna/secchi/exps/WRF_build2/WPS/AMD1/' caused this issue.
Because this option is desirable for organizing my runs.

The option opt_output_from_geogrid_path should work. Please make sure you have the permission to write data to the place specified y opt_output_from_geogrid_path.

I am still getting this issues after recompile the libraries.
I found a possible issue mentioned in this post: WRF ARW V4 로 태풍 솔릭(Soulik) 모의해 보기 (translated bellow).
View attachment 8929
But I don't think that this is the problem.
@kwerner I am attached my namelist.wps (namelist_wps.txt) and geogrib.log (geogrib_log), and also the log for WPS.
I would like to nknow if another source for this error do exist.

Kind regards
I had a similar problem and your solution for using "export NETCDF_classic=1" worked!! Thank you.