Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ghrsst-to-intermediate wont open nc files for SST etc

eaq

Anyone been successful in converting the ghrsst data for SST etc., to intermediate format?
I can get the program to read my geo_em.d01.nc, but then it stops when trying to read the ghrsst.nc file.
I've ran the makefile (adjusted for my environment etc) - attached, and the program is built.
But when running the program it just won't open the ghrsst.nc file??

Attachments

• makefile.txt
    899 bytes · Views: 13
Last edited:
If you are running programs provided for WRF, these programs will only be able to process WRF-related data, i.e., geo_em, met_em, wrfinput, etc.

You will need to create a program specifically for ghost data, read the data first, then write them to intermediate format. Please see the document here for the intermediate format data:

If you are running programs provided for WRF, these programs will only be able to process WRF-related data, i.e., geo_em, met_em, wrfinput, etc.

You will need to create a program specifically for ghost data, read the data first, then write them to intermediate format. Please see the document here for the intermediate format data:

Thanks Ming Chen,

But, i was of the understanding that netCDF-to-intermediate (which i believe you wrote code for?) and the ghrsst-to-intermediate are both programs that read the oisst-avhrr-v2..etc., and convert from their nc file format to the WPS intermediate format?

everything I've read online says that this is the way to do it?

But when i use these programs, they wont open the oisst-avhrr-v2..files?

is there another program that i use before these two programs to take the oisst-avhrr-v2..files out of nc format, and then use either netCDF-to-intermediate and/or ghrsst-to-intermediate to change file types to WPS intermediate?

BTW, I'm trying to do this to run the SST-update function in WRF for generating met data for 3 month periods, is this the correct approach?