Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to save the contribution of subgrid mixing by prognostic TKE LES option on vertical velocity change?

Seong-Ho Hong

Dear scientists,

Hello. I have a question.
I want to analyze the budget of vertical velocity.
I used LES PBL option (in a "seabreaze2d_x" idealized simulation) with prognostic TKE scheme (not smagorinsky) (I attached my namelist.input file).

I thought the acceleration due to advection and the pressure gradient acceleration part can be calculated through the output fields of velocity and pressure and density.
However, I couldn't find how can I get the contribution of subgrid mixing (the contribution of explicit diffusion).

Is this variable (=subgrid mixing contribution, in other words, the contribution of explicit diffusion) can be saved by changing "Registry.EM_COMMON" file? or Are additional processes needed?
Can you tell me how can I get the contribution of explicit diffusion by prognostic TKE scheme for LES option?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Seong-Ho.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
You would need at least xkmh added to the output and use it to calculate d/dz ( K dw/dz).
You also need to know which level of K to use for a given level of w.