Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Idealized test cases output as RotatedLatLon projection, why?

joshclark

Hello!

I've successfully set up WRF and have also run a couple of the test cases included in WRF4.4.1 (em_fire, em_quarter_ss). These runs are successful as well and output the standard `wrfout_d01_0001-01-01_00:00:00` type files. I then attempt to visualize these files (example, SLP) using wrf-python and discover the projection is `RotatedLatLon`:

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 1.43.14 PM.png

It is unclear how to get this to display appropriately using the plotting tutorial here: Plotting Examples — wrf-python 1.3.4.1 documentation (the resulting image is useless). I assume I need the data in Lambert or some other projection that is more suitable for display.

Is there a way to configure the idealized test cases to use Lambert in WRF OR is there a succinct method for converting the projection to Lambert using wrf-python or other geospatial lib?

Thank you!

I just answered your question. We would appreciate if you don't post the same questions multiple times.