Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

isftcflx physics option to call znot_m_v8(uref, znotm) subroutine

bnkreddy

Hi all,
I would like to know which isftcflx option (0,1, and 2) in the physics namelist would call the znot_m_v8 (uref, znotm) subroutine to calculate the aerodynamical roughness over water using 10m wind in the WRF v4.2.2. As per my understanding, if icoef_sf is equal to 8 then znot_wind10m subroutine will call the zont_m_v8 function to measure the roughness scale for both momentum and temperature. I have seen the icoef_sf (option for exchange coefficients in the surface flux scheme) option in the HWRF namelist but there is no such option to understand the same in the WRF model. I would be grateful if you could provide information on this topic.

Sincerely,
Nandu

Last edited:
Nandu,
My understanding is that icoef_sf is only available for WRF-NMM/ HWRF. If you run WRF-ARW, then this option actually doesn't exist.

Nandu,
My understanding is that icoef_sf is only available for WRF-NMM/ HWRF. If you run WRF-ARW, then this option actually doesn't exist.
Dear Ming Chen,
Thank you for the reply.
If this is the case, the WRF-ARW model does not consider the module_sf_exchcoef.F file in their calculations of the air-sea exchange coefficients. The module contains several subroutines responsible for the momentum and temperature/moisture calculations over water.
Could you please confirm if I am right or not?