Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

LANDUSE OUTSIDE RANGE when using LCZ with 41-NUM_LAND_CAT

Belly

Hello everyone,

I have converted the local climate zone (LCZ) of wudapt to geogrid using the w2w package and divided it into 41 categories. After successfully running real.exe, the error occurred while running wrf.exe. I checked that the NUM_LAND_CAT in the file generated by metgrid was already 41. How should I modify the parameters? Please help me, thank you all!!

1708006162524.png

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4 KB · Views: 3
Can you take a look at this document here, which describes how to fix the issue.

You may simply switch to WRFV4.5 and newer version, and this problem shouldn't exist.

Can you take a look at this document here, which describes how to fix the issue.

You may simply switch to WRFV4.5 and newer version, and this problem shouldn't exist.

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I have updated WRF to version 4.5, but still encountered the same error while running wrf.exe. Is this due to the warning "FRC_URB and LCZs in LU_INDEX do not cover same extent" when converting LCZ by w2w? If so, how can I solve it? Thank you very much for your help again.

1708180128510.png

Attachments

• std.out.12725665.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 0