Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

metgrid.exe and geogrid.exe not found

Vaishnavi_198

Hello,
After successfully installing WRF I attempted to install WPS as described in the tutorial :Installing WRF from scratch in an HPC using Intel Compilers - Pratiman Homepage

however after compiling WPS I see only ungrib.exe, the other executables were not created. So, I tried doing this fix mentioned here : WPS build fails when WRF was compiled with an 'smpar' option · Issue #110 · wrf-model/WPS and added both netcdf and library paths to LD_LIBRARY and PATH, but it did not seem to work. I have attached configure.wps and compile log here. Please help me figure this out.

Also, I used the following in the configure.wrf and configure.wps before compiling, am not sure if that was the problem (WRF was installed properly after setting these for my system)
DM_FC = mpiifort
DM_CC = mpiicc

Attachments

• compile.log
    264.6 KB · Views: 3
  • configure.wps
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi,
Apologies for the delay on this. Is this the Vaishnavi who attended the recent WRF tutorial? If so, were you able to get an answer to this during the tutorial?

Hi,
Apologies for the delay on this. Is this the Vaishnavi who attended the recent WRF tutorial? If so, were you able to get an answer to this during the tutorial?
Hey, yes I was able to figure this out during the tutorial with the help of Michael.

From configure.wrf, under "LIB_EXTERNAL =\ -L$(WRF_SRC_ROOT_DIR)/external/io_netcdf -lwrfio_nf -L/home/wcrg22/installWRF/NETCDF/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf -L/home/wcrg22/installWRF/installed/lib -lhdf5hl_fortran -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5_fortran -lhdf5 -lm -lz", I copied this part - "
-lnetcdff -lnetcdf -L/home/wcrg22/installWRF/installed/lib -lhdf5hl_fortran -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5_fortran -lhdf5 -lm -lz
" and pasted it in the configure.wps file at the end of the line "WRF_LIB = -L$(NETCDF)/lib". And then compiled it.

Before :
WRF_LIB =
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_grib1 -lio_grib1 \
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_grib_share -lio_grib_share \
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_int -lwrfio_int \
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_netcdf -lwrfio_nf \
-L$(NETCDF)/lib

After:
WRF_LIB =
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_grib1 -lio_grib1 \
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_grib_share -lio_grib_share \
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_int -lwrfio_int \
-L$(WRF_DIR)/external/io_netcdf -lwrfio_nf \
-L$(NETCDF)/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf -L/home/wcrg22/installWRF/installed/lib -lhdf5hl_fortran -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5_fortran -lhdf5 -lm -lz

This solved the problem. Am not very sure how and why though.

Last edited: