Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Netcdf.inc not found Debian 12 Server Install with LMOD

wal.ee

Hi,
I currently face the issue:

Error : Not found /mnt/nfs/clustersw/Debian/bookworm/netcdf/4.9.2/include/netcdf.inc
Please check this installation of NetCDF and re-run this configure script
./configure: 664: exit: Illegal number: -1

while trying to run ./configure on a slurm based cluster with Debian12 using the LMOD system. I have netcdf-c (4.9.2) and netcdf-fortran(4.6.1) both installed in a single netcdf folder e.g. /mnt/nfs/clustersw/Debian/bookworm/netcdf/4.9.2

I double checked to see if the netcdf.inc was there and my installation is fine and indeed the file is there. I wanted to ask if this error in the building of WRF is due to the fact that we have had to install the netcdf binaries separately into a single folder and are trying to load them via a single module command or is it just simple incompatibility of the version with the WRF version 4.5.1.

Every solution I have seen to this problem has been to simply have the fortran files in the same place as the c netcdf, which we do, I made sure of that but I still can't get the program to compile. Do I have to set up a new lua file where I have the netcdf-c and fortran linked to a different folder even though they were installed in the same folder?

Any help will be highly appreciated. I have attached the output of the ./configure file as well as the configure.wrf

Attachments

• errorlogWRFConfig.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
  • configure.wrf.txt
    21 KB · Views: 1
Hi,
Just to be sure, make sure you're following the exact installation format indicated here.

If so, then please issue the following and attach the *.txt files.

Code:
ls -ls /mnt/nfs/clustersw/Debian/bookworm/netcdf/4.9.2 >& 492.txt
ls -ls /mnt/nfs/clustersw/Debian/bookworm/netcdf/4.9.2/include >& include.txt
ls -ls /mnt/nfs/clustersw/Debian/bookworm/netcdf/4.9.2/bin >& bin.txt
ls -ls /mnt/nfs/clustersw/Debian/bookworm/netcdf/4.9.2/lib >& lib.txt
echo $PATH >& path.txt
echo $NETCDF >& netcdf.txt

Hi,
Okay this is weird but I uninstalled the netcdf library and installed it again in the module system and this time it worked. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Well, whatever it takes, I guess! I'm glad you were able to get past the issue. Thanks for the update.