Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Regridding and Bias

DWhitesel

I ran some experiments where i changed the land use and adjusted soil moisture for a nested domain, and I was curious about any biases I may encounter when doing such regridding. Is there any particular papers that explore such issues (biases related to regridding) that I could read up on?

I reached out in my department to ask if anyone was aware of any publications on this, and unfortunately nothing came up.

I ran some experiments where i changed the land use and adjusted soil moisture for a nested domain, and I was curious about any biases I may encounter when doing such regridding. Is there any particular papers that explore such issues (biases related to regridding) that I could read up on?
I have some idea about it and it may be help you: A Case Study of the Maumee Watershed" by Zhang et al. (2015). This study assesses the impact of temporal and spatial resolution changes of precipitation input on the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) model's simulation accuracy. While it may not directly address land use changes, it offers insights into potential biases introduced by regridding precipitation data, which could be relevant to your experiments with adjusted soil moisture on a nested domain.

This is more like a sensitivity test and the result should not be treated as 'bias'. Instead, they are the model response to changes you make.