Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Running wrf.exe

zauliyaa

Excuse me i want to ask about running in wrf.exe when i'm running wrf.exe, i have problem BUG soft lockup in my CPU. Previously when i'm running wrf.exe it's not happen. every one could you help me fo find problem solve?
Screenshot (646).png
i have used more Core but i have more proble stuck CPU.
and now there is info : rcu_sched selft-detected stall on CPU
Thank you

I have never seen issues like this. It is more like a machine issue.
Have you ever successfully run the same case before?

I have never seen issues like this. It is more like a machine issue.
Have you ever successfully run the same case before?
I've finished running, luckily the results were quite good, nothing happened. but it takes a lot of time because the computer experiences not running in a few seconds. This often happens if I turn on the internet while running wrf.exe . I don't know why, I use a virtual machine to run.

i use windows 11 in my laptop
@zauliyaa

What is probably happening is that your windows machine has 8 cores to run itself and any programs

you are allocating 6 cores of the 8 to the VM.

That leaves windows with only 2 cores to run background processes. Since the VM will probably max out the other 6.

In my experience with VM I try to only allocate around half of my available cores to it to get it to run properly.

1. Make sure to save all your data before trying these suggestions.
2. change the VM to 4 cores and run ./wrf.exe with all 4 cores. IT may cause the VM to freeze and not run
3. if that occurs try setting the VM to 5 cores and only use 4 cores with wrf.exe.

My guess is that the reason why everything is freezing up is that the cores are maxing out and the computer is slowing down the processes which causes that error.

Again this is my suggestion. If you want to wait to hear if @kwerner or @Ming Chen have any other suggestions too