Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Running WRF with mpiexec

ikki0123

Hello, my question is the following. If I run WRF with MPI and other nodes (Cluster ) is the execution time shorter? I did a test and it seems to me that I didn't see any difference in execution time. I don't know if I did something wrong. My test was as follows
First I used a node with 8 cores, then I tested it with another node totaling 16 cores, but I didn't notice any difference in the execution time.
I am using mpiexec
Sem título.png

Hello, my question is the following. If I run WRF with MPI and other nodes (Cluster ) is the execution time shorter? I did a test and it seems to me that I didn't see any difference in execution time. I don't know if I did something wrong. My test was as follows
First I used a node with 8 cores, then I tested it with another node totaling 16 cores, but I didn't notice any difference in the execution time.
I am using mpiexec
View attachment 8037

@ikki0123
It doesn't look like you're actually using multiple processors. I'm not sure what is going on, but those messages should look more like (for e.g., if you are using 8 processors):
starting wrf task 0 of 8
starting wrf task 1 of 8
starting wrf task 2 of 8
starting wrf task 3 of 8
starting wrf task 4 of 8
starting wrf task 5 of 8
starting wrf task 6 of 8
starting wrf task 7 of 8

You may need to discuss this with a systems administrator at your institution to see if they can help you get it set up correctly.

@ikki0123
It doesn't look like you're actually using multiple processors. I'm not sure what is going on, but those messages should look more like (for e.g., if you are using 8 processors):
starting wrf task 0 of 8
starting wrf task 1 of 8
starting wrf task 2 of 8
starting wrf task 3 of 8
starting wrf task 4 of 8
starting wrf task 5 of 8
starting wrf task 6 of 8
starting wrf task 7 of 8

You may need to discuss this with a systems administrator at your institution to see if they can help you get it set up correctly.
I also found it strange, Apparently I'm running the same process several times. Thanks for the note, I'll take another look. Any news come back here.