Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Segmentation Error or decrease the runtime

Leronira01

Hello everyone,

First, sorry for my English. I hope you understand.

See, I have a problem of Segmentation Error.
I already saw many post about that and I concluded that it was because of inestability of the model, so I change my timestep of 60 to 30 and it worked.
However, I seem the time of run is too much (about 6 hours for 30 hours). Is it normal? Is it a problem of my configuration? I will post my namelist wps and input too.
Any suggests to short the time? Please I need the time decrease without impact in the confiability of the results. (Should I change the physics?)

Thanks!

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.5 KB · Views: 7
  • namelist.wps
    771 bytes · Views: 0
This is a triply-neted case with the smallest grid interval of 1km. I guess it does take time to run this case, although the wall clock time is also dependent on how many processors you use.

This is a triply-neted case with the smallest grid interval of 1km. I guess it does take time to run this case, although the wall clock time is also dependent on how many processors you use.
Thanks for the response Mr. Chen!
I dont'know if the term is correct but I'm using 8 cores.

Do you mean 8 processors? If so, then 16 processors might be better for this case.
If you mean 8 cores, then how many processors does each core contain?