Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

segmentation fault at the beginning of wrf.exe running

amemori

HI, administrator. The version of WRF & WPS used in my research is V4.4.1. FNL datasets to drive WRF mode are from this.
I set up a running experiment for five summers (2016,2017,2018,2019,2020). I keep the same configuration and successfully complete all years of runnings except 2020. Segmentation fault (not CFL) occurred after about 10s running. These errors are contained in 0023, 0029, 0033, 0034, 0035, 0039, 0040, and 0053 respectively, and all rsl* files are upload. I suspect something is wrong with the datasets of 2020 specially.
Looking forward to your reply.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.2 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.tar
    550 KB · Views: 4
This case failed immediately after wrf.exe started, indicating that something is wrong in your input data.
However, the error messages in rsl.error files provide no helpful information, which makes it hard to tell what is wrong.
I would suggest that you compile WRF with debug mode (i.e., configure -D), then rerun this case. In this way you will be able to find where the problem occurs first. Considering the fact that your other cases with the same configuration can be done successfully, I believe this failed case is not caused by model issues. It is more like a data issue. Probably you can also compare 2020 FNL data with the data in other years.

This case failed immediately after wrf.exe started, indicating that something is wrong in your input data.
However, the error messages in rsl.error files provide no helpful information, which makes it hard to tell what is wrong.
I would suggest that you compile WRF with debug mode (i.e., configure -D), then rerun this case. In this way you will be able to find where the problem occurs first. Considering the fact that your other cases with the same configuration can be done successfully, I believe this failed case is not caused by model issues. It is more like a data issue. Probably you can also compare 2020 FNL data with the data in other years.
Thank you! Let me try it.