Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Segmentation fault running WRF with nested domain

bhb004

I'm trying to run a real data WRF simulation (initialised with NCEP data) with one nest on an HPC cluster. All the WPS setup programs (metgrid, geogrid, and ungrib) completed successfully, as did real.exe. When I run wrf.exe it produces the first wrfout file for each domain and then crashes, with segmentation faults reported in the rsl.error logs for 3 processors.

Attached are namelist.wps, namelist.input, and the rsl.error files for the processes that segfaulted. Can anyone see anything wrong with my simulation setup, or might this be an issue with the stack size?

I followed the documentation on setting up two-way nested simulations so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    734 bytes · Views: 4
  • namelist.input
    3.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi,
It looks like you forgot to attach the rsl files. Can you package all of them together in a *.tar file and attach that so I can take a look? Thanks!