Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Subseason Forecast run with WRF using CFSv2 conditions

xxwillxxpel

Hello guys! I am conducting forecasts with WRF for a period of 45 days and I am not sure if I should use the FDDA option for these forecasts. In this case, I am using 15 days of spin-up + 30 days (period of interest). The sea surface temperature I'm using from the CFSv2 itself with the option SST_UPDATE = 1 with 6 h interval. What do you recommend?

Attachments

• Domain - WRF.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
In addition to sst_update, I would suggest to turn on spectral nudging (grid_fdda=2), which does 3d nudging of only selected larger scales.This may be useful for controlling longer wave phases for long analysis-driven simulations (e.g. months to years).

Good Day.

I want to do the same in my country. kindly assist. I just finished installing and successfully configure WRF & WPS. I want to produce a seasonal forecast for October November and December (OND) and January February and March (JFM).

I guess you will need to follow the same options, i.e., sst_update =1 and grid_fdda=2. Please try and post any issues you have in the forum.