Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ungrib.exe just stops on last date, but doesn't finalise

eaq

my ./ungrib.exe runs fine, but when it gets to the last date (3 month run) it seems to stall without finalising. all the PFILE's are in the WPS directory, but not deleted, etc.

Any ideas?

Did you check whether you have enough space to storage the data?
i do have enough space, yes.

It's got me stumped?

Can i point my ungrib to the folder that has ALL of my fnl data in it, or do i need to "isolate" my fnl data for the exact time-period in a separate folder and point ungrib to that?

I changed my geogrid setup from a 1:5 to 1:3, and now ungrib works, finalises and deletes temp PFILEs.

this seems to have solved the issue.

This is weird. I don't think ungrib has anything to do with geogrid. Other than the ratio, did you change anything else?

This is weird. I don't think ungrib has anything to do with geogrid. Other than the ratio, did you change anything else?
I've just looked at the history and yes, i also took the 3 months of fnl data and put in a new folder, bookended by 24hrs, and pointed ungrib at that rather than pointing ungrib at the folder that has the entire year of fnl data.
i suppose it needed the fnl data to be succinct so it could terminate?
Maybe I was too impatient and should have waited 30 min - 1 hr to see if ungrib would cycle through the entire fnl met year and then terminate properly?