Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Why I have 3 wfrout files in each domain?

pline

Hello, Sir

Normally, WRF generated only 1 wrfout file in each domain.
But, I have 3 wfrout files in each domain when ran WRF in 30 August - 3 September 2022 (95 days). Why?

I attached namelist.input.

Thank you

1693561733409.png

Attachments

• namelist.input
    3.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
You have the following settings in your namelist.

Code:
 history_interval                    = 60,  60,
 frames_per_outfile                  = 1000, 1000,

This means the history interval is every hour, and you will have 1000 history intervals in a single wrfout* file. There will be 24 history intervals for each day. If you do the math, you can see the next file is output after 1000 history times have been put into the initial wrfout file (for each domain). If you want it all to be in the same file, you need to set frames_per_outfile to a larger number than 1000 (at least 2280), so it will incorporate all 95 days.

Thank you for reply, Kwerner
Can I ask for a calculation equation? How can I calculate it?
Thank you

Can I ask for a calculation equation? How can I calculate it?
If the history_interval is set to 60, this means history is updated every hour. There are 24 hours in a day. If you are running for 95 days, you need to multiple 24x95 to determine how many frames (history times) you want in each file. 24 x 95 = 2280.

If the history_interval is set to 60, this means history is updated every hour. There are 24 hours in a day. If you are running for 95 days, you need to multiple 24x95 to determine how many frames (history times) you want in each file. 24 x 95 = 2280.
Thank you, Kwerner