Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf.exe error "No physics suite selected."

Vaishnavi_198

Hello,
I am using WRF version 3.9. After completion of WPS and real.exe, I tried to run wrf.exe and got the error -"No physics suite selected. Physics options will be used directly from the namelist". But my real.exe was successful as the files wrfbdy_d01 and wrfinput_d01,wrfinput_d02,wrfinput_d03 were generated. I do not know what I have done wrong. I have attached the namelist.input file and error files.

Thank you

Attachments

• namelist.input
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
  • rsl.error.0000
    2.7 KB · Views: 2
  • rsl.out.0000
    2.7 KB · Views: 0
You have not done anything wrong. If real.exe was successful, that means there were no errors. The statement "No physics suite selected. Physics options will be used directly from the namelist." just simply means that you didn't specify the variable "physics_suite," which can be set to CONUS or tropical for your simulation, and instead you chose your own physics settings, and that's perfectly fine.

You have not done anything wrong. If real.exe was successful, that means there were no errors. The statement "No physics suite selected. Physics options will be used directly from the namelist." just simply means that you didn't specify the variable "physics_suite," which can be set to CONUS or tropical for your simulation, and instead you chose your own physics settings, and that's perfectly fine.
i) I ran wrf.exe and got error (file attached) which i do not understand. I run WRF on an HPC and this seems to be an MPI issue. I have attached the slurm script too.

ii) When I run wrf.exe I thought the error will be in the last rsl error file, but this error was found when I randomly checked for error in the rsl files and encountered rsl.error.0250 with the error, but the last error file was rsl.error.0383. How am I supposed to know which file has the error printed?

Attachments

• rsl.error.0250.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
  • sandeepwrf.txt
    1,009 bytes · Views: 1
Since this is a different issue than the original one posted here, please create a new thread with the new problem. This helps to keep threads to a specific topic, making them easier to read and search for in the future. Thanks!