Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF for climate models

paula_mc2

Hi,

Although I am familiarized with using the WRF system for Numerical Weather Prediction, I do not know how to use it for Regional Climate Models. I do not know which input data I should use and if the changes I need to make are only in the namelists.input. Can you recommend to me some material to read or test examples?

I will appreciate any help you can bring me.

Hi,
The most important option for WRF climate simulation is sst_update. Please set this namelist option to "True" for climate simulation. This option will update sst, seaice, vegfra, lai, albedo will be updated at the specified interval. Otherwise these variables will remain unchanged.

Hi,
The most important option for WRF climate simulation is sst_update. Please set this namelist option to "True" for climate simulation. This option will update sst, seaice, vegfra, lai, albedo will be updated at the specified interval. Otherwise these variables will remain unchanged.
Thank you, I will try that!