Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF In situ visualization

muzafar

I want to add visualization code to WRF model and for that I need to know where the data is written to output file and it looks like WRF code is written in FORTRAN. I am familiar with FORTRAN. Can some one point me to the modules where the output file is written in WRF code

Hi, I'm not absolutely certain (as I'm not a software engineer), but I believe the file you're looking for is frame/module_io.F. If that's not it, let me know and I'll try to find out for you. You may also want to take a look in the external/io_* directories.

Hi, I'm not absolutely certain (as I'm not a software engineer), but I believe the file you're looking for is frame/module_io.F. If that's not it, let me know and I'll try to find out for you. You may also want to take a look in the external/io_* directories.
Thank you for replying.
module_io.F is a driver program. I checked it and also the external/io_*.
Before writing to the output file WRF will be populating the output variables somewhere and then those variables will be written to output file using driver programs. I want to know where exactly the output variables are populated.

I've reached out to a colleague who knows a bit more about the code structure. They advised that you should look at share/output_wrf.F. This routine calls the write routines in the IO API, and in the case of netCDF output, they are in external/io_netcdf/.

I've reached out to a colleague who knows a bit more about the code structure. They advised that you should look at share/output_wrf.F. This routine calls the write routines in the IO API, and in the case of netCDF output, they are in external/io_netcdf/.
Thank you.