Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrfv4.4 compiles with an error showing memory overflow, Out of memory asking for

song_zhe

Hello everyone. I'm compiling the latest WRFv4.4 with Intel ifort on a cluster server, but when I compile larger programs like module_dm.f90, start_em.f90, solve_em.f90, I always get a Fatal compilation error: Out of memory Asking for 36864. The number of 36864 behind is different every time, has 69632 or up to 2074562 (I can't remember, there are seven digits).
1680768536242.png
I've tried many things, including setting ulimit -s unlimited, freeing up free memory, etc. Even with 8G of free memory on the server, I can't compile. This error has never occurred on the large cluster servers I have used. But at the same time I can successfully compile CMAQv5.4 and WRFv3.4.
1680768565477.png
I also tried to follow the hints in configure.wrf, such as changing -O3 to -O2, set DM_FC = mpiifort, DM_CC = mpiicc, removing debug information, etc., but it didn't work.
I am attaching my log file and configure file here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I am not sure if anyone can see my log file and configure file. So I upload it again.

Attachments

• log and configure files.zip
    194.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
Thanks for sending those. Unfortunately I will have to recommend that you discuss this issue with a systems administrator at your institution. This has not been an issue for others with this version of WRF, so there must be something specific about your environment that is causing the issue, and hopefully an S.A. would be able to help with that. You can also try to upgrade your Intel compiler to see if that makes any difference.

Hi,
Thanks for sending those. Unfortunately I will have to recommend that you discuss this issue with a systems administrator at your institution. This has not been an issue for others with this version of WRF, so there must be something specific about your environment that is causing the issue, and hopefully an S.A. would be able to help with that. You can also try to upgrade your Intel compiler to see if that makes any difference.
Thank you for your reply, I'll try to reinstall the required libraries.