Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFV4.4 Error to compile

guilerme775

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm having trouble compiling the WRF. The other libraries were successful. However in WRF I come across an error "Killed process (f951) total-vm:16954192kb, anon-rss:15884764kb, file-rss:4kb, shem-rss:0kb" after this error occurs the compilation of the error.
I've tried other versions
I already tried "export WRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT=1 "
Do I need more memory?
I saw that the minimum requirements is 8gb.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm having trouble compiling the WRF. The other libraries were successful. However in WRF I come across an error "Killed process (f951) total-vm:16954192kb, anon-rss:15884764kb, file-rss:4kb, shem-rss:0kb" after this error occurs the compilation of the error.
I've tried other versions
I already tried "export WRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT=1 "
Do I need more memory?
I saw that the minimum requirements is 8gb.

Did you make a compile and configure log? If so can you attach them to this thread?

Did you make a compile and configure log? If so can you attach them to this thread?
As requested, follow the files. I don't know which configure file, I put these.

Attachments

• compile.log.log
    826.1 KB · Views: 6
  • configure.txt
    37.3 KB · Views: 1
  • configure.wrf.txt
    21 KB · Views: 3
As requested, follow the files. I don't know which configure file, I put these.
Good afternoon,

Looking through thte compile.log file there appears to be a module file that was not greated due to a termination call in fortran compiler.

Most likely you will need to delete the WRF folder and recompile and configure it again and see if it happens.

Few things to know before doing that.

1. Did you use mpirun to install wrf over multiple cores?
2. Which version of gcc gfortran are you using?
3. Did you run the tests to check for library installation and compatibility: ( Compiling WRF )
4. Do you need wrf v4.3 or can you use the current one v4.4.2?

Good afternoon,

Looking through thte compile.log file there appears to be a module file that was not greated due to a termination call in fortran compiler.

Most likely you will need to delete the WRF folder and recompile and configure it again and see if it happens.

Few things to know before doing that.

1. Did you use mpirun to install wrf over multiple cores?
2. Which version of gcc gfortran are you using?
3. Did you run the tests to check for library installation and compatibility: ( Compiling WRF )
4. Do you need wrf v4.3 or can you use the current one v4.4.2?
Hello again,
Step by step

1. I hadn't used mpirun yet. Since you mentioned I tried but I got errors too. I used the following line 'mpirun -n 4 ./compile em_real >& log.compile' I will attach the log.

2. GNU Fortran (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110 -
gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110

3. I performed all the tests in the tutorial and was successful in all.

4. I ended up forgetting. I was testing other versions, but I also tested 4.4.2. I will attach her log as well.

I think that's it.

Thank you for your attention

Attachments

• compile.log.txt
    803 KB · Views: 4
  • configure.wrf.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
  • compileMPI.log.txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • configureMPI.wrf.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
@guilerme775
When we look for errors in the compile log, we are looking for "Error" (with a capital E). There are none listed in your compile log, which means you probably didn't request the full error and out information to go to the log. You shouldn't need to completely remove your WRF directory. Can you just issue a "clean -a" and then reconfigure and then when you compile, use this command (specifically with the ">&" syntax, which sends all the error/out to the log)?

./compile em_real >& compile.log

then send the new compile log. Thanks!

@guilerme775
When we look for errors in the compile log, we are looking for "Error" (with a capital E). There are none listed in your compile log, which means you probably didn't request the full error and out information to go to the log. You shouldn't need to completely remove your WRF directory. Can you just issue a "clean -a" and then reconfigure and then when you compile, use this command (specifically with the ">&" syntax, which sends all the error/out to the log)?

@kwerner Thank you for your attention
I'm here again. I did the process again as suggested, running "clean -a" and reconfiguring.
Follows the configuration file and the compile.log.
I don't know if that's the error, find it in the log "gfortran: fatal error: Dead signal terminated program f951" .
@guilerme775

Me again.

I went for another test. I was using debian 11. By chance I installed the debain 10.13 version. I don't know if it was the version change or something I changed during the WRF installation. Finally, I was successful. At the end of the installation I got the success message. Thank you very much for your attention. I will continue my studies.