Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error on executing wrf.exe


New member
Good evening,

I am new to WRF and I have two concern to ask for clarification.

1. Regarding the 4 nested domain, when I execute the wrf.exe with slurm batch file, I have faced this error
longjmp causes uninitialized stack frame ***: /shared/spack/opt/spack/linux-amzn2-zen2/intel-2021.5.0/wrf-4.3.3-q7tn3zv4ak3d7qjqtolgktnoyooygpjp/run/wrf.exe terminated.
I am not sure if it is because I did not assign enough nodes to process or is there any issue with the namelist. Please review the namelist.input and namelist.wps as attached in wrf4nesteddomain and I will appreciate your input towards the amount of node I should use. Currently I have 10 nodes with me now and I have learnt that sometimes it is not always efficient to use all.

2. I am interested in the RAINC and RAINCC file output, both daily and hourly data. I have ran the simulation for 14 days, 2017-11-01_00:00 to 2017-11-15_00 for 2 domains but when I reviewed the last wrfout file of d02, 2017-11-15_00:00, I realized that the output gave me the total accumulation of all 15 days. Please have a look at my namelist.input file as named in wrf2nesteddomain. I am not sure if it was because I turned on the feedback or the nested variable.

I will greatly anticipate your help. Thank you.



    194.4 KB · Views: 1
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
I have came across the thread of precipitation output.

This calculation actually states that if I use this
[rainc +rainnc (at 2017-11-15_00:00)] - [rainc+rainnc (at 2017-11-14_00:00)],
I can get the daily precipitation amount on the 14th November?

Please help to clarify on this thank you.
Hi Eva,
For the sake of organization and for future readability/searchability, let's separate these two questions into two posts. Can you post the 2nd question regarding precip output as a new thread? On this one, I'll focus on the runtime error.

Your rsl.error.0000 file shows a segmentation fault, which can be related to many different things.

1. The first thing you should check is whether you have any CFL errors. Issue this command to see if anything pops up:
grep cfl rsl*
If so, you'll need to reduce your time_step. Take a look at this FAQ that discusses possible solutions for segmentation faults, including CFL errors.

2. I don't think you're using too many processors, but you are very close to the limit for domain 1. You could try to use perhaps 1 less node (or however many processors you have on each node) and see if that makes any difference. If you haven't already read this FAQ, it provides detailed information about choosing an appropriate number of processors.

If neither of those helps you, please package all of your rsl* files into a single zipped or tar file and attach that for me to take a look. Thanks!