Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Fail to compile WPS

MSdueon12

Hello,
I am just trying to install WPS in Cheyenne, and I failed. I can configure it successfully. Please have a look at my compile.log. I use GNU to compile WRF because I am not able to compile with Intel without any hint. I choose 1 in configure option.

Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments

• compile.log
    194 KB · Views: 5
  • c.log
    194 KB · Views: 2
  • configure.wps
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
Have you made any modifications to the WPS code before compiling, or is it clean out-of-the-box code? Similar to your other post, I would like to take a look in your directories, but they are no longer there.

Hi,
Have you made any modifications to the WPS code before compiling, or is it clean out-of-the-box code? Similar to your other post, I would like to take a look in your directories, but they are no longer there.
Hello,
I never change anything on WPS, just copy the tar file from wrfhelp/SOURCE_CODE. I currently compile WRFV4.4 successfully with GNU compile. but failed to compile WPS

Error: Rank mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (rank-1 and scalar)
output_module.f90:1680:41:

Looks like you have the new ubuntu 22.04.1 error with gnu 11 suite of packages.

This post might help you

Looks like you have the new ubuntu 22.04.1 error with gnu 11 suite of packages.

This post might help you

Thank you for your kind help. I am not sure if the system is ubuntu, because I installed in ucar Cheyenne HPC. I just use module load GNU. I follw the instruction your provide to paste in .bashrc. I am not sure if I am doing correct. However, I can' t go through it I got error message as follow:
gcc: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

gfortran: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

g++: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

-bash: [: -ge: unary operator expected

##########################################

FFLAGS =

FCFLAGS =

May I ask you to help me to figure it out?

Ah. Cheyenne has its own set of rules and installation procedure for setting up WRF.

Should be in the FAQ section of the board.

Not familiar enough with it to comment on how to do it.

Thank you for your kind help. I am not sure if the system is ubuntu, because I installed in ucar Cheyenne HPC. I just use module load GNU. I follw the instruction your provide to paste in .bashrc. I am not sure if I am doing correct. However, I can' t go through it I got error message as follow:
gcc: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

gfortran: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

g++: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

FFLAGS =

FCFLAGS =

May I ask you to help me to figure it out?
That may help