Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to use precompiled WRF on Cheyenne

jiyaoz

Hi,

I'm new to Cheyenne and WRF. I copied the precompiled WRF ( (/glade/u/home/wrfhelp/PRE_COMPILED_CODE) ) to my own directory (/glade/u/home/jiyaoz/WRF) but I found the namelist.wps and namelist,input are read-only files. I wonder how can I modify the namelist and run precompiled WRF in my directory?
I found the same problem on the forum but it didn't mention how to solve it: Using precompiled WRF on Cheyenne

Thanks,
Jiyao

Hi,
I compared the permissions of your namelist.input file to mine and they are the same. You should be able to use vi or a text editor to modify the namelist files. Are you getting an error when you try?

Hello,
I have found out the reason. I the path I copied is actually a symbolic link so I can't write in the file. The actual directory of the precompiled code could be shown by using ll -al /glade/u/home/wrfhelp/PRE_COMPILED_CODE.

Hi,
I compared the permissions of your namelist.input file to mine and they are the same. You should be able to use vi or a text editor to modify the namelist files. Are you getting an error when you try?
Thank you for your reply! I have figured this problem out.