Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

iofields_filename not working WRFv4

StephM

Hi

I have followed all the recommendations from a similar question and the comments on the WRF guide about Run-Time IO

As soon as I try to run the real.exe I get the following error on the rsl.error.0000. The ignore_iofields_warning is set as .true.

module_io_quilt_old.F 2931 T
------ ERROR while reading namelist time_control ------
Maybe here?: io_form_boundary = 2,
Maybe here?: iofields_filename = "myoutfields.txt","myoutfields.txt","myoutfields.txt","myoutfields.txt",
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 11540
ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.

If I remove the io_fields_filename and ignore_iofields_warning from the namelist.input the code runs withou issues.

I want to create smaller size output files with a set of specific variables and my testing for now with some I'm sure I wont use.

Here are the myoutfields.txt and namelist.input

Attachments

• namelist.input
    6.6 KB · Views: 37
  • myoutfields.txt
    739 bytes · Views: 37
I found the error:
I had to write the txt file with single quotation marks like this

iofields_filename = 'myoutfields.txt','youtfields.txt','myoutfields.txt','myoutfields.txt',

Dear Kwerner

My run finished but I just noticed it actually didn't read the iofields_filename. This is printed in the rsl.error file

W A R N I N G : Problem opening myoutfields.txt'

Hi,
Your 'myoutfields.txt' file is set up like
Code:
-:h:0:Times,LU_INDEX,ZS,DZS,FNM
-:h:0:FNP,RDNW,RDN,DNW,DN,CFN
-:h:0:CFN1,THIS_IS_AN_IDEAL_RUN
-:h:0:CF1,CF2,CF3,ITIMESTEP
-:h:0:SHDMAX,SHDMIN,SNOALB,TSLB
-:h:0:SMOIS,SH2O,SMCREL,SFROFF

But it should all be on a single line. Change the file so that it's in the following format:
Code:
-:h:0:Times,LU_INDEX,ZS,DZS,FNM,FNP,RDNW,RDN,DNW,DN,CFN,CFN1,THIS_IS_AN_IDEAL_RUN,CF1,CF2,CF3,ITIMESTEP
...etc.

I also had to remove the variable "Times" from the myoutfields.txt file to get it to run correctly, so you may need to do that, as well. Hopefully these will fix the problem.