Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

namelist.wps

Amadou

Hello,
I am trying to run the attached batch script for namelist.wps. This may run ungrid, metgrid and geogrid in a remote server. But I am getting the following message when I change the meteorological data directory.
Path to intermediate files is ./
ERROR: edition_num: unable to open GRIBFILE.AAA

How to solve this issue? See attached my namelist and error outfile

Attachments

• namelist.wps.wascal.wps
    1.4 KB · Views: 11
  • run.wps.qsub.wps
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
  • slurm-2551.out.wps
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
Do you have a file called GRIBFILE.AAA in your wps running directory? If so, can you try to run ungrib manually to see if you're getting the same error?

Do you have a file called GRIBFILE.AAA in your wps running directory? If so, can you try to run ungrib manually to see if you're getting the same error?
The problem maybe the dataset I am using because if I change the dateset, it works. But I downloaded another dataset (e.g: era5_year2015_mon10_day16_hour17:00.grib as name), it is not working. But for the first ERA5 (e.g: ECMWF_ERA5_West_Africa.201908110000.grib as name) it works

The problem maybe the dataset I am using because if I change the dateset, it works. But I downloaded another dataset (e.g: era5_year2015_mon10_day16_hour17:00.grib as name), it is not working. But for the first ERA5 (e.g: ECMWF_ERA5_West_Africa.201908110000.grib as name) it works
Hi
I have been able to solve this issue by the path to all directory since I have all years data (./link_grib.csh /path/ instead of ./link_grib.csh /path/era5*.grib). But I am getting the new error message as follow:

ERROR: Grib2 file or date problem, stopping in edition_num.
Processing domain 1 of 2
Processing 2019-01-01_00

I would like to run from 2019-01-01 to 2019-12-31. What is wrong with me?

Hi
I have been able to solve this issue by the path to all directory since I have all years data (./link_grib.csh /path/ instead of ./link_grib.csh /path/era5*.grib). But I am getting the new error message as follow:

ERROR: Grib2 file or date problem, stopping in edition_num.
Processing domain 1 of 2
Processing 2019-01-01_00

I would like to run from 2019-01-01 to 2019-12-31. What is wrong with me?
Hi,

I have been able to solve this issue. It seems like I had some other things in the directory where I was linking the path. I created another directory and moved all my met data into this new directory and linked again the path. It works now