Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Nested and Coarse domain WRF Domain Wizard

FelipeVH

Hi everyone, first of all I hope that you are well, continuing, I am creating a coarse domain of 9km of resolution and a nested domain with 3 km resolution with the WRF Domain Wizard to make a new domain for WRF-NMM model, the doubt that i have is that, is there a way to see the coordinate points of the nested domain, because when I open both files they look the same, and don't want to run the model to check this, because it is going to take some time, so I hope that someone could help me, please. Thanks in advance.

Felipe

I would suggest that you run standard WPS to create model domains. WRF Domain Wizard is kind of obsolete.

Also, we no longer provide support for WRF-NMM.

Hello, I am the author of the javascript based WRF domain wizard GitHub - JiriRichter/WRFDomainWizard. I wrote it as a fun project mostly for my personal needs and do not consider it completed when compared with the original. Since is has gained some attention I am open to supporting the project and adding new features. GitHub allows reporting issues and requesting new project features which might be the best way to reach out.
Can anybody here estimate how many people might be using it?

Hello, I am the author of the javascript based WRF domain wizard GitHub - JiriRichter/WRFDomainWizard. I wrote it as a fun project mostly for my personal needs and do not consider it completed when compared with the original. Since is has gained some attention I am open to supporting the project and adding new features. GitHub allows reporting issues and requesting new project features which might be the best way to reach out.
Can anybody here estimate how many people might be using it?
@JiriRichter

you can see usage i think in the insights tab on github