Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

lmqar

Greetings everyone. I'd like some help with a problem i'm facing while running wrf.exe. I'll attach my namelist, rsl.error and rsl.out files, since i'm not even able to track down the problem.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.1 KB · Views: 5
  • rsl.out.0000
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
  • rsl.error.0000
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
Hi,
Can you check all of your rsl files to see if you have any CFL errors in them? You can issue the command:
Code:
grep cfl rsl*
If any show up, try decreasing your time step to something more like 4xDX.

There are a couple other things that could be causing issues.
1. Domains 3 and 4 are too small. No domain should ever be smaller than 100x100 grid points (e_we X e_sn).
2. Because your domains are small, you probably don't need to use 60 vertical levels. Try to decrease this back to the default value of 45 for each domain.

Take a look at this page that provides best practices for setting up your domain.

Hello again, thanks for the response.
I rerun the model following such instructions, but now it stops with
"ERROR interpolating ozone in Goddard radiation"

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4 KB · Views: 2
Hi, did you manage to solve the error with the Goddard radiation scheme? I am facing the same issue in a CP simulation.

Hi, did you manage to solve the error with the Goddard radiation scheme? I am facing the same issue in a CP simulation.
Are you receiving the same error as the original one posted in this thread? If so, please attach your error logs (e.g., if you have rsl* files, please package them together into a single *.tar file and attach that), along with your namelist.input file. Please let us know which version of the model you're using. Will you also please let me know what a "CP simulation" is? Thanks.

Hello and sorry for the late reply. By CP simulation I meant a convection permitting simulation. In any case, the "ERROR interpolating ozone in Goddard radiation" is not longer appearing for me after downloading O3 files with ERA5.