noah_lover
New member
Hi,
I am going to conduct a 10-year simulation with WRF-Noahmp(V4.7.0), and I want to use time-variant LAI, VEGFRA and ALBEDO (e.g. 8-days updated GLASS dataset) to replace the static monthly mean fields in WPS_GEOG.
I should set the following content in namelist.input,the following setting allow me to use the static 3D fields in WPS_GEOG instead of using the parameters from table (MPTABLE.TBL for Noahmp and VEGPARM.TBL for noah, if wrong, please tell me).
sst_update = 1,
rdlai2d = .true.,
usemonalb = .true.
I have checked several threads.
1、How to replace ALBEDO and LAI ,VEGFRA fields using Noah LSM ?

2、(RESOLVED) How to replace ALBEDO and LAI fields in my geo_em files?


Q1: According the replies of Dr. Chen, I know there are two ways of replacing LAI, ABLEDO and VEGFRAC. 1、rewrite time-variant LAI in the static data format, then process them by geogrid.exe. Note that you will also need to modify REAL (dyn_em/module_initialize_real.F). If I modify the source code, if I need to recompile WRF? 2、replace the fields in wrflowinput.nc.
Q2: I use noahmp lsm. As mentioned above, I set rdlai2d = .true., which means use leaf area index (LAI) from input data, instead of from table; However, in the following table, if I use updated LAI, FVEG, I should set dveg = 7. Both of them indicate to use input LAI, are there any conflicts between them? I should set dveg = 7 and rdlai2d = .true. simultaneously?
Q3: Regarding the soil parameters, opt_soil =3 and opt_pedo =1. If I want to replace the sand and clay data, I should replace the data in soilgrids/soilcomp, right?
I am going to conduct a 10-year simulation with WRF-Noahmp(V4.7.0), and I want to use time-variant LAI, VEGFRA and ALBEDO (e.g. 8-days updated GLASS dataset) to replace the static monthly mean fields in WPS_GEOG.
I should set the following content in namelist.input,the following setting allow me to use the static 3D fields in WPS_GEOG instead of using the parameters from table (MPTABLE.TBL for Noahmp and VEGPARM.TBL for noah, if wrong, please tell me).
sst_update = 1,
rdlai2d = .true.,
usemonalb = .true.
I have checked several threads.
1、How to replace ALBEDO and LAI ,VEGFRA fields using Noah LSM ?

2、(RESOLVED) How to replace ALBEDO and LAI fields in my geo_em files?


Q1: According the replies of Dr. Chen, I know there are two ways of replacing LAI, ABLEDO and VEGFRAC. 1、rewrite time-variant LAI in the static data format, then process them by geogrid.exe. Note that you will also need to modify REAL (dyn_em/module_initialize_real.F). If I modify the source code, if I need to recompile WRF? 2、replace the fields in wrflowinput.nc.
Q2: I use noahmp lsm. As mentioned above, I set rdlai2d = .true., which means use leaf area index (LAI) from input data, instead of from table; However, in the following table, if I use updated LAI, FVEG, I should set dveg = 7. Both of them indicate to use input LAI, are there any conflicts between them? I should set dveg = 7 and rdlai2d = .true. simultaneously?
Q3: Regarding the soil parameters, opt_soil =3 and opt_pedo =1. If I want to replace the sand and clay data, I should replace the data in soilgrids/soilcomp, right?