Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

SIGSEGV error related to emissions?

samuel

Hi everyone!
I was running WRF-Chem3.9.1 with KPP, reinitialized the meteorology every 24 hours but with chemistry field from previous time step when doing re-initialization. After running several days, a SIGSEGV occurred (see all_rsl.error.txt attached). Since I found in the error log file there is warning message like "temperature too high at i=168 ,j=149 ;resetting to 315K" before the simulation stopped, I did several tests:
1) a test simulation with biogenic emission turned off, but it still failed with similar error (see no_bioemiss_rsl.error.txt);
2) a test simulation with all emissions turned off, but it still failed with similar error (see no_emiss_rsl.error.txt);
3) a test simulation without chemistry (using WRF only version code), and it ran successfully.

So I could only narrow down that some issues occurred with chemistry part, but I don't have any clue to further identify the issue. I hope you guys would help me and i appreciate it a lot.
Also attached is the namelist.input. I am using MEGAN for biogenic emissions and anthropogenic emssions are based on NEI.

Attachments

• all_rsl.error.txt
    779.8 KB · Views: 2
  • no_emisson_rsl.error.txt
    88.2 KB · Views: 1
  • no_bioemiss_rsl.error.txt
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
  • namelist.input.txt
    7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hello, I would like to ask you if your problem is solved, I am also experiencing the problem of excessive temperature stopping

Hi. It turns out my issue is related to sw/lw radiation scheme, and I can run through the simulations with RTTMG scheme.

Hi. It turns out my issue is related to sw/lw radiation scheme, and I can run through the simulations with RTTMG scheme.
Thank you for your reply, I've been using RRTMG scheme, but when I change the the chem opt that it doesn't work

Dear all,
I am also facing the same issue. For your information, I used the CBMZ-MOSAIC chemistry option and RRTMG as SW and LW radiation schemes. Can anyone please guide me to solve this issue?
With regards,
Ankan