Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ungrib.exe fails to create

Selu_93

In compiling the WPS, the ungrib.exe is not created. As per 'compile.log', it seems the issue I am having is the same as this one (No ungrib.exe), but there was never a resolution for this issue. I tried the solution there, but no luck with creating the ungrib.exe. As per where the post ended, I am attaching the compile.log (as compile2.log) and the intmath.f that I modified with the hope that someone can assist me.

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Regards,
Sarah

Attachments

• compile.log
    113.9 KB · Views: 6
  • intmath.f
    7.5 KB · Views: 3
  • compile2.log
    113.9 KB · Views: 2
Which version of the libraries and compilers are you using?

One probable reason could be that the Grib2 libraries are probably not linked or built correctly.
That said, also try
1) on line 35 of configure.wps, make sure WRF_DIR points to the correct directory name of
the WRF installation: WRF_DIR = ../WRF
2) make sure lines 70 and 71 read as follows:
FFLAGS = -ffree-form -O0 -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -fno-range-check
F77FLAGS = -ffixed-form -O0 -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -fno-range-check

@Selu_93, in the intmath.f file you modified, it looks like the second location (line 211) was modified incorrectly. Your line reads:
Code:
      if(iand(i,i-1_2)/=0) then
and it should read
Code:
       if(iand(i,i-1_1)/=0) then
(replace the '2' with a '1'). Can you try to correct that, save the new file and try again?

Thank you for all of your responses. It was a mistake on the intmath.f file. I have now successfully compiled WPS with all the executables.