Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Variable 'SST' in the wrfout is strange

qwdy

Dear all
I use ncview to check my wrfout, and variable 'SST' is very strange, I think something wrong I didn't realize happened. Here is the image of 'SST'. The datasets I use is
GHRSST Level 4 GAMSSA_28km Global Foundation Sea Surface Temperature Analysis v1.0 dataset (GDS2), and I use this tool to create SST intermediate file:GitHub - bbrashers/WPS-ghrsst-to-intermediate: Converts JPL PODAAC GHRSST netCDF files to WPS Intermediate version 5 files and GitHub - bbrashers/WPS-interp-intermediate: Interpolate in time (not in space) between two WPS Intermediate version 5 files. I also attach namelist.input and a zip file containing part of my SST intermediate files. Please help me find out what cause this.

Attachments

• 1708756269309.png
    1708756269309.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 11
  • SST.zip
    105.7 KB · Views: 2
  • namelist.input
    6.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
Are you concerned because of the "blockiness" of the SST variable in the image? It's likely due to masking. Take a look at this previous post that discusses this and see if it's helpful.