Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How can I run wrf-les with a generated wrfinput

realfake

I have generated an analysis after the EnKF and now I want to link it as wrfinput to run wrf-les, but a segment fault always happens when the run just begins. I'm sure my disk and memory are sufficient and time_step is suitable. How can I run the wrf-les with this file? I wonder whether I can read the information from analysis and write into wrfrst file so I can make a restart run. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

If the model crashed immediately after wry.exe started, but often indicates that something is wrong with the input data. I am not familiar with EnKF, but can you produce a wrfinput from analysis data. then compare it with the wrfinput produced from EnKF. This might give you some hits what is wrong in the file.

I don't think it is feasible to create a wrfrst file from analysis data. This is because many intermediate physical variables for WRF cannot be available from analysis data.

If the model crashed immediately after wry.exe started, but often indicates that something is wrong with the input data. I am not familiar with EnKF, but can you produce a wrfinput from analysis data. then compare it with the wrfinput produced from EnKF. This might give you some hits what is wrong in the file.

I don't think it is feasible to create a wrfrst file from analysis data. This is because many intermediate physical variables for WRF cannot be available from analysis data.
Thanks for your advice. One thing that confuses me is how I should produce the wrfinput file from the analysis data. I know that in real case users can link or mv the original file as wrfinput, but does it works in ideal case?

And I have tried many tests these days, another problem found is that when I start ideal.exe with my namelist, a wrfinput is produced by the model itself. But if I start wrf.exe then, an exactly the same problem (segmentation fault) occurs. I don't think it's data's problem, as the wrfinput file just is just created by the model. At first I thought it's the problem of WRF, so I tried to use Matlab to read the analysis and wrote in the wrfrst file which was created when I generated the background fields using WRF before EnKF. And it worked?! That's why I asked if I can make a restart run, because I think the model is OK.

Sorry to bother you so much.